Ringwood Fish Hatchery

vance

Well thanks to John Bacon and Andy Rubaszek the coordinator, myself,Fishy Pete and non board member Gary got to spend 5 1/2 hours clipping fins on chinook fingerlings so they can be transplanted in Lake Ont.in 2 weeks.By listening to the conversations of the people working they were members of various fishing clubs in Ontario and high school students from the Stouffville area.Even with time out for burghers on the barbie Andy estimated that our group had done THIRTY THOUSAND fingerlings which is apparently a very good number.My shoulders ache, my back is stiff, my knees are throbbing but we had a lot of fun and are going to go back and do it next year.Believe it or not New York State has a machine that will do this in a blink of an eye but how much fun would that be?

Vance

It was good to meet you to iceguy and I was going to mention you but for the life of me I couldn't remember your name(seniors moment)besides I stabbed myself so many times today with those sissors my finger hurts to type.

vance

Glad to hear that you all had a productive day. Unfortunately I had to work late and couldn't be there. I understand that the evening clipping for tomorrow night is cancelled. If anyone does want to help out please be sure to contact Andy Rubaszek to let him know. That way he can let you know if they will be there. I wouldn't want anyone's first experience with the hatchery to be arriving just in time to see everybody else leaving. The hatchery number is: 905-640-6204

Last I hear they were planning on clipping tomorrow night. I am not sure about Thursday or Friday. Here is a link to the hatchery site. You may need to sign up to view it.

http://ringwoodfcs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=panda

They should update the site if the schedule changes. I will try to post updates here myself.

Thanks for all the help. We were worried that we may not have been able to clip enough fish for all the pens. With this kind of turnout we may be able to add some more pens for next year.

The clipping has continued to progress very well. It looks like tomrrow will be the final day for clipping. It will start at 9:00am and will probably wrap up in the afternoon. It does not appear that an evening shift will be required.

Thanks for all the help. The large number of volunteers made this years clipping go very smoothly despite having to clip more fish than ever before.