Simcoe this past Saturday

NAW

Another fantastic hard water season on Simcoe has come to an end. I know there’s been a bunch of reports from the last weekend of the season. I thought I would add one more to the mix.

For the first month of the season, I did great. Caught at least one whitefish every time I went out. My confidence was very high, as was my fishing partners. SO we decided to enter into the CIFC out of Sutton,.. Well.. As soon as my name was on the tournament registry, the fish stopped biting. I went a full month without icing a single friggen whitefish!! including the weekend of the tournament!! The confidence went down the crapper, that’s for sure.

This second last weekend of the season things started to turn around. We took the 12Km ride from Alcona over to the mob that grows up north of Georgina Island ("Slyville"). It was worth it, because I broke the loosing streak with two brute Whitefish..

This past Saturday, I invited some old friends up from my high school days.. It was a great end to the season. We were all limited out by 10:00am, and then released another 10 before we left the ice at noon. I managed to ice 6 whitefish, released 4 of them. My fishing partner iced 8, and one of my high school buddies iced his first fish ever..

Here a pic of the group.

P.S. Of the 15 fish we cought, 11 where natural to the lake.

small_pic.jpg

I am helping the MNR with a diary report of all whitefish,lake trout caught on simcoe,so we measure them and mark which fins are clipped and this year I have noticed a huge increase in Natural and lake trout,this is real good to see.I love seeing those naturals make it up the hole then back down!!

It may be a little high, but I would say over 50% of the fish I cought this year where natural. Some monsters too! 5-6lb natural whitefish!.. I started to think the clipped fins where growing back or something!