Bluffers Park Marina

JPD

Does anyone know if the boat launch is clear from ice at Bluffers Park or Ashbridges Bay? I have a buddy with a new boat looking to put some break in hours on his engine.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

JP

Good point. There is alot of floating debris out there with ths high water. The Marina, you cant fish there without permission from the owners. I go in there but dont do it unless you hav their sweet grace. Lol. Someone tried that a few years back and it went to court I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I'm thinking about trying for Pike around Leslie Spit/Ashbridges Bay this weekend.

I've never tried fishing in Lake Ontario by boat before. I'm assuming from the previous posts that there are public (free) launches at Ashbridges and at Bluffers Park.

Does anyone know if you need a special permit/license to fish in that area?

Thanks in advance

Hi All, I'm thinking about trying for Pike around Leslie Spit/Ashbridges Bay this weekend.

I've never tried fishing in Lake Ontario by boat before. I'm assuming from the previous posts that there are public (free) launches at Ashbridges and at Bluffers Park.

Does anyone know if you need a special permit/license to fish in that area?

Thanks in advance

Well, I don't think you should be fishing for pike this weekend.. pike season is closed in April for Lake O.

You don't need a special license to fish at ashbridges, but you do need a special boating license if you boat in that area.

At Bluffer's there are a few signs saying 'NO FISHING' around the boats, but you could fish over by the rocks I believe? Not 100% sure since I've yet to fish there.

O yeah, free launches at Ashbridges and Bluffers.