perth county bounty

waterwolf

talks of a bounty being placed on coyotes\wolves in the near future in perth county. $100 per.

being a hunter,,i understand all too well what happens when the number of canines exceed the carrying capacity of a given land acreage,,, trouble. sometimes justified for any species on whatever level on the food chain.

there is a stew ,, a good broth,, on this topic brewing in TO. dogs and cats, are not coming home in the morning.

coyotes are becoming very much a part of some urban communities and not in good way. they're adaptable ,skilled hunters and very cunning. being a scavenger , the coyotes appettite knows no boundries which is why owners of small pets should be very nervous.

i've walked up within 20 feet a coyote in oakville just beyond the fence of swimming pool where 3 yr olds played while i was working. HEY!!the yote ran but wasn't too concerned about my presence until i yelled.they seemed to be a little more timid not too long ago.

problem is i get a kick out of seeing anything wild while i'm flying across the 407 , deer, gosset hawks or coyotes. forget your in the city for a minute. setting traps or snares is one way to go but it's kinda sad.

ofcourse i understand the concerns from all sides,, but it's just another huge workboot stompin' down on

another fragment of inter-city wildlife.

late night rant

Edited by waterwolf

talks of a bounty being placed on coyotes\wolves in the near future in perth county. $100 per.

there is a stew ,, a good broth,, on this topic brewing in TO. dogs and cats, are not coming home in the morning.

coyotes are becoming very much a part of some urban communities and not in good way. they're adaptable ,skilled hunters and very cunning. being a scavenger , the coyotes appettite knows no boundries which is why owners of small pets should be very nervous.

i've walked up within 20 feet a coyote in oakville just beyond the fence of swimming pool where 3 yr olds played. HEY!!

Unless you can actually hunt urban coyotes (not sure you can shoot within yards of where those 3 yr olds are playing either), i don't see the point. They need to run a sterilization program, or something else that enables killing (or scaring the bejeezers out of) the urban coyotes.