funny sled pics.

redneck666

I have to say OUCH!wrist pin still intact with no rod attached,OUCH!Locks like my old snowblower detonation.CLANG< CLUNK<CLANG<BANG<BANG<COUGH! :(

maybe i made it look worse than it is? lol. its not that bad. its just the piston, rings, and cylinder on the one side. everything else is good. needs a new top end. its a summer job. same with my 277. the 467 just needs gaskets. 377 still runs great!

Edited by bigredneck

Hard to see from the pics but looks like a 4 point siezure,stuck a ring.What parts did he put in that were used?Could be caused by lean mixture,too low octane gas for the compression,intake leak,or "cold" seizure if it was a jet ski.Dont know much aboot snow machines though.OUCH

Joe

Hard to see from the pics but looks like a 4 point siezure,stuck a ring.What parts did he put in that were used?Could be caused by lean mixture,too low octane gas for the compression,intake leak,or "cold" seizure if it was a jet ski.Dont know much aboot snow machines though.OUCH

Joe

yea.... it was already seized when we got it. oil pump went on the guy without even a whole tank of gas going through the new top end. and we ran mix the one day i had to tow him back. the clutch side carb wasnt sync'ed in right so it ran too lean, we shoulda checked it before we went out. it just wamred up too much to the point the piston started melting. it never really "Seized" just scratched alot haha. we always run 50:1 mixutre. the 377 handles it just fine. brown and dry plugs. the way their supposed to be.

yea.... it was already seized when we got it. oil pump went on the guy without even a whole tank of gas going through the new top end. and we ran mix the one day i had to tow him back. the clutch side carb wasnt sync'ed in right so it ran too lean, we shoulda checked it before we went out. it just wamred up too much to the point the piston started melting. it never really "Seized" just scratched alot haha. we always run 50:1 mixutre. the 377 handles it just fine. brown and dry plugs. the way their supposed to be.

Back in the olden days of fan-cooled 2 strokes we routinely pulled the plugs to check colour, particularly on the hot side. Do you guys still do that with your sleds? It's great preventive medicine.

JF

Back in the olden days of fan-cooled 2 strokes we routinely pulled the plugs to check colour, particularly on the hot side. Do you guys still do that with your sleds? It's great preventive medicine.

JF

yea we did.... when it stopped running haha. we coulda limped it back cause it wasnt seized. problem was the spark magically left us. i pull the plugs on my citation all the time, plugs always come out the same. the safari LCE's plugs are getting fouled cause the mixture is too rich. both the safari's are his sleds. one needs gaskets, the other a complete rebuild as you can see. so i just got the word from him today that he's just bringin 'em into the dealer to get it done. he doesnt really have the time to do ti himself.

back to the plugs. like i said i do it with my machine all the time. he didnt think to check his plugs before we went out. he couldnt go over 80km/h haha! i flew past him at 130k.