bass pro carbon lite

archer379

Seems to me Cabelas and Bass Pro's house brand looks to be rebranded chinese crap. I shouldn't say that all Chinese stuff is crap. But 99-109$ USD for an IM9 graphite rod isn't a bad deal at all. :dunno:

Personally I'd save up for a Loomis GL2 rod or a Croix Avid.

Edited by archie_james_c

Seems to me Cabelas and Bass Pro's house brand looks to be rebranded chinese crap. I shouldn't say that all Chinese stuff is crap. But 99-109$ USD for an IM9 graphite rod isn't a bad deal at all. :dunno:

Personally I'd save up for a Loomis GL2 rod or a Croix Avid.

Huh? Have you even picked up a Bass Pro reel or rod? I'll agree with you for the lower end BPS stuff, but the "higher" end stuff is just as good as St. Croix or G Loomis stuff (same cost)

I was in BPS today and picked up a Johnny Morris Elite signature rod, and it feels and looks like a $210 rod, with more features than a comparable Shimano/Loomis/St. Croix ect.... They make great stuff, just look at the higher end stuff and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I picked up two of the Carbonlites several weeks ago. One 7 Ft casting and spinning model

I was in the market for another St. Croix Avid or a G. Loomis Mossyback. I figured for less than $95 , why not.

I was impressed and the lightest rod I held. Even though I am not a big fan of the split grips these felt really nice. Only one problem, I asked about the warranty and it was only a one year warranty on them.

Jose

Huh? Have you even picked up a Bass Pro reel or rod? I'll agree with you for the lower end BPS stuff, but the "higher" end stuff is just as good as St. Croix or G Loomis stuff (same cost)

I was in BPS today and picked up a Johnny Morris Elite signature rod, and it feels and looks like a $210 rod, with more features than a comparable Shimano/Loomis/St. Croix ect.... They make great stuff, just look at the higher end stuff and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yah...an 85 million modulus blank with REC's for 160$....theres nothing suspicous about that....

Buy Loomis or Croix...support companies that hand build rods in North America and stand behind a LIFETIME warranty....

Or...buy a BPS...

Edited by archie_james_c

I only have second-hand info. Lots of folks down south have been fishing the carbonlites since they came out. The consensus seems to be that it is the new Compre: lots of performance in a very reasonably priced rod. The warranty doesn't stack up against other companies very well, but the rods are getting good reviews.