GTG report no pics - big one that got away

glen

I got up about 4.45am and my buddy came and picked me up. We arrived at alcona about 7am and met my other buddy. Then we signed in. It was a beautiful morning with the sun coming up. That made the day right there.

We jumped on the bikes and went half way to long Is shoal. It was about 95ft deep on the finder. A few light bites from smelt for the first 1.5hrs. Then I had one heavy fish on for a few seconds fishing right on bottom. I had him up about 15ft and he let go :wallbash: . If i was betting i would say a whitie of 3lbs or more.

Near 11am we moved in to fish perch 65ft deep near Bigchev just off the boat ramp. Got set up and fished till 12.45 with no bites and no marks on the finder. I think we should have been a little deeper. So we went in for lunch. That was great having somthing hot to eat. :clapping: to the cooks.

I talked to a few people near the food. I was the guy with the 1960's blue helmut on with goggles.

I could not stay long cause my buddys were the ones driving and they wanted to fish. They could not stand still. So we tried a new spot in 75ft. We marked a few fish on bottom. We had one bite but buddy broke his line on the hook set. After fishing for about 8hours we still had no whities. :wallbash:

Thankyou for a fun time. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: I will be there next year.

Edited by glen

I heard from my step-son (Maureen's brother who lives in Alcona and stopped by to say hello with his wife and our grandkids) that the Polish club who were holding a tourney were handing out trophies to their winners and not being a fisherman, Mike did not know what kind of fish they caught only that they were way bigger than the ones we weighed in :Gonefishing:

I remember seeing the Polish brigade heading out just before I did and they were walking towards the north/east (left from the ramp) :wallbash: