New gear from Japan & HK ^-^b

sunfishangler

It's been a long time since I posted something on this board but here it is :P

I think it's getting near that time again where we start dusting off those fishing gear or maybe spending a few dollars on new stuff to get ready for the new season ;)

I just got these new rods (poles/whips/rods= all mean the same in Chinese, Japanese and Korean) a couple months ago from Hong Kong and Japan, can't wait to try them out.

002pz.th.jpg

004hjs.th.jpg

Some info on the rods (left to right):

All the rods are telescopic, there are no elastics within them, the first two rods are from Shimano and the third one is from Guangwei.

First rod is 5.4m when fully extended, 1m contracted, 6 segments and is carp super-hard grade (stiffness of rod).

Second rod is also 5.4 m fully extended, 1m contracted, 6 segments and this one is carp & herabuna (Japanese goldfish) super-hard grade.

The last rod is 4.48m fully extended, 60cm contracted, 9 segments,for all purpose fresh water lake fishing, and is graded hard.

If you are interested in Asian rods, I suggest watching these videos of the rods in action :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBiF1R8q8g...feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPUsvV_6J6E...feature=channel

Edited by sunfishangler

Let me say those are great whips. I've been whip fishing for carp for many year now. I can't get enough of the bend of the whip. Were the whips imported by someone you know, cause there way overpriced here.

Actually I bought these over there during winter break. But yes, I can get them from a relative. I personally haven't seen Asian whips in the GTA, but I think there is one shop that might try to bring them in. I have seen/purchased Jaxon whips from Fishing Sport when they were still here, but personally European whips in my opinion are nothing like Asian whips in terms of having easy transportation, light weight and the strength of hauling in a carp all-in-one. The price of the first one is about $198, the second one is about $135 and the third one is about $100.

Edited by sunfishangler