Fishing show comments

cram

Just returned from the fishing show, and wanted to share a few comments.....

1 - thank you TJ for the free ticket. Much appreciated.

2 - learned a bunch about carp fishing from a guy who i believe may have been hammercarp? Is your name Lorne? If so, i was the bald guy in the dark grey sweater. Thanks for the advice...i'm going to try it out this summer.

3 - was able to pick up a manta glide bait at JB's (?). I have not seen mantas anywhere else....that alone was worth the trip.

4 - of the *new gear* being sold at the show, the only one that looked really useful to me was a line cutter that you afix to your rod instead of using a knife/scissors/nail-cutters - zip cut pro. Looked pretty good . I picked up 3 of them.

5 - also picked up some kangaroo and camel sausage....only at shows like this will you see that stuff. Can't wait to try iit.

6 - Pete Maina is quite the character. Very entertaining. Had really hoped to catch Jim Saric as well, but timing didn't work out. Maybe next year.

Yup. That was me. If you have any other questions about carp ask away.

CAG_Banner_at_Show.jpg

I wondered after the fact. Thanks again for the advice. Visit my in-laws cottage once or twice a summer and usually see a bunch of carp. Tried for them once with a mixture of cornmeal and crab-apple jellly rolled up into balls. (obviously) didn't know what i was doing....

Will try again this summer armed with what you taught me today.

just tried the kangaroo sausauge and it was awesome.

I tried a sample of both the kangaroo and camel pepperettes and I think I liked the camel better so I bought those ones. Kangaroo burgers are really good. I haven't eaten my camel burgers yet. This was the first time I noticed those pepperettes at the show. They've had alligator before but it was hot so you couldn't tell what it was. Still good though.