More Deer

danc

Went for a drive today in search of Deer. There were plenty as usual. I got a few nice close ups of this Doe.

deer1.jpg

deer2.jpg

I came across this nick Buck standing in a field. As you can see, he still has his rack, although it looked quite polished that I'm guessing is from tree scraping.

deer4.jpg

I tried following him for a few more shots but he fled into the woods. The big Bucks usually don't let you get too close.

deer3.jpg

where are you living?? thats wild that the buck still has his rack on his head, every buck in my area has dropped.. Ive already picked up 22 sheds this season, and i know theres still lots more under the snow

22 Sheds? Thats great.. I found one a few weeks ago, but i do live in scarbrough. Did you find many matching ones?

where are you living?? thats wild that the buck still has his rack on his head, every buck in my area has dropped..

I'm in Thunder Bay Mossy. I don't know too much about Deer biology, so I can't explain why the rack is still intact. I don't even know at what time of the year they should be gone. I saw a few others yesterday with both antlers still.