semi-epic sled ride.....

redneck666

well..... me and the ol' man went fer a ride today. havin no issues and a good time. we were runnin doo's. i was on a 1992 safari LCE 462. him a 1993 safari rally 503. so, we get all the way over to the river. go for a straight line through hard pack and about 8-9" of powder for about 1km. he could only get his rally to 80km/h and i got mine goin about 120km/h and still had more left. we turn around to head back home, his sled just up and quits and i blow by him lookin at him and sorta laughin, turn back around shut my machine off and he yells out "I THINK I BLEW 'ER UP!"...... broke out the tool kit started with the plugs first.... no spark. engine, same to pull over but with an irregular sound. plugs are the right colour and still good, just little to no spark in all the plugs we tried. so, tow 'er home we did..... ALMOST! hahaha! my LCE with its issues wouldnt pull the rally across the road so had to go back and get the van (no truck ). to save the people the sake of readin more, we got 'er back in the garage and ready to figure stuff out tomorrow. as for the LCE it has a horrbile shake to it, kinda like theres no sliders or something. and it still has its 3500rpm to 4500rpm problem.... LOL!

almost forgot to mention he rebuilt it with OLD PARTS! was seized when we bought it for $200. complete sled! except for sliders runners and a ski repair had to be made... now more repairs! lol. he used the old rings and pistons, just rubbed them with some fine emery paper and threw er back in with some oil. i told him it wasnt gunna last for long either...... lol.

hope you enjoyed the read, i have pictures of the sleds but im wayy too lazy to put them up. lol,

thought i'd add that NONE of the dogs passing by liked us the slightest bit.....

JP.

Edited by bigredneck