Fished out of Gilford today

SBCregal

Made it up to Gilford today and got the girlfriend out on the ice for the first time. After waking up at the crack of 9, stopping at bass pro on the way up, and detouring into Lefroy for minnows (innisfil bait and tackle had none) we made it onto the ice right around 1pm. Made our way out onto the ice and setup in what turned out to be about 15' of water, tops. We didn't move much from where we first setup, and thats probably the reason we only got 8 or so perch in the 3 hours we were out there, lost 4 or 5 as well. We were using live minnows on small jigheads just above the bottom and the bite was really light, I got stripped of my minnow many times. All in all it went alright, and the girlfriend even wants to get out again next sunday. Hopefully we can get into a few more next week. Lots of ice out there, at least a foot where we were. Alot of snowmobiles, quads and trucks all over the place.

ryan

yeah, thats what i figured.

i walked around the area we had setup and punched a few more holes and fished them but the girlfriend didnt want to head very far from where we first set up. I'm thinking of driving out maybe next weekend (weather and ice permitting obviously)

after walking from the car out to the spot i think she was just about done with walking out any further. I wanted to try and make her first time out as painless as possible :)