crashed my buddys sled need parts

Jeff Wiles

We were all youngins' at some point, some of us outgrow it. Not all of us can afford to go to the track. Speed kills for sure, but to soeme the rush is instantly an addiction. Honestly 230 is nothing though. Think about supercars and superbikes... Well in excess of 300 km/h. At least they had the though to do it somewhere where wiping out wouldn't injur or kill anyone else

Most of us see a difference between 230 on a sled and 230 in a car. Or at least I sure do. In fact I've never done 230 on a sled. The antiques I used to ride in the 70's wouldn't go that fast. The most exciting ride I had was when the track disintegrated under a modified 440 F/A that was turning up around 100 mph (we think). In any case speed on a sled is different than speed in a car to me. Of course today's sleds are a lot better sprung.

JF

So if it was your buddy's intention to do as you described and just drive the heck out of it for a weekend, it would probably stand to reason that he could have been just as likely to have been the one to give'er and done the unexpected acrobatics? :dunno:

Really, I'd say he should be saying thank you for being the one to bear the brunt of the experience, and PAYING YOU for having done the "test ride" and subsequently saving his hide from possibly a worse fate.

If it wasn't you, it was likely going to happen to the next person riding it anyhow! :unsure: