Boat Modifications (looking for advice)

archie_james_c

Do they use some kind of struts/stringers under the floors to reduce torsional stress? That center bench would seem to be a major player in the dep't.

I assume they would use a sub frame under the floor. I am waiting for Princecraft to email me back about this.

****This is not something I plan to do right here right now.....it's more less just a small thought in the back of my mind.******

If I ever want to go to an open concept boat I will more than likely just sell this one and get the boat I want. I am just discussing a hot topic to occupy my (our) minds till the soft water season :D .

Think of it as...cabin fever :)

Not dangerous if done correctly.

The DLX will have foam under the floor and in the side pods.

Remember don't foam down the center so that water can still make it to the transom. ;)

And as said Never Ever use pressure treated wood for this.

Yes.

If he's going to do it right they are required and should be aluminum and glued & rivetted to the hull.

They should also be tied into the structure for the side bunks and sides of the hull as well.

Hey look at this...someone who didnt just jump to "LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE" or "JUST BUY IT FROM THE FACTORY"

As Drifter says, there is a right and wrong way to do it. Am I ever going to do this mod to my boat? Not likely. None the less is it entertaining for everyone to discuss this? Probably...

Flame suit on...

Edited by archie_james_c