Anglers Haven

onebigtoe

I booked the w/o of Feb 12th for a group of 12 with Anglers Haven @ Nipissing, and have a few questions for anyone who has been. B)

1) Is there a coffee pot in the cabin?

2) Is there a radio/TV or CD/DVD player?

I have already asked them a few questions and don't want to keep bugging them.

There is no coffee north of Orillia. Costs too much to ship it up here.

Going to a Tim Hortons from up here is a weekend holiday.

TV, sorry. We can get radio at night with a big antenna. ;)

Really I don't know what Marc has in his cabins.

I should though, drive by them all the time, just never took the time to have a peek.

I have already asked them a few questions and don't want to keep bugging them.

So you BUG all of us instead :dunno: ....just kidding. If it's a good operation and they care about customer satisfaction trust me, they won't think your bugging them at all. And they will be happy to answer any questions you have.

But first why don't you sit down for 10 minutes with a pen & paper and try to think of ANYTHING else you want answered. Saves both parties the back and forth hassle.

I can't remember if there was a coffee pot or not, if there was it would have been a percolator type but I drink instant. We did have TV/VCR, gas fire place, propane stove, generator to run lights and the TV. In thinking more about it, I don't believe there was an electric coffee maker, the generator was only 1000 watts, not really big enough to run a toaster or electric coffee maker most of those things need about 1500 watts.

Dan't worry about asking them questions, they are there to help.

Was up there at the opener. Can't remember if there was a coffee maker or not. Made instant. We did have a television, watched the Leafs lose. (I don't really remember the game, but I imagine that was the outcome.) There was a small clock radio as well. My son brought one of those job site radios. The stove top worked well, pots and pans in the cabinet underneath. We brought up a box of plastic utensils, paper plates, paper towels and the like, easier cleanup. To anyone going anywhere up there, don't forget to pack a roll or two of two ply tp....ya never know what awaits you that way, and it will seem like a luxury item at times. Mark is a great fellow, we'll go back just because we appreciate the effort he put out for us. Fishing was a little slow, mainly perch, but the ten of us likely managed around 15 pickeral for the weekend. I only managed two pics, but I did get my PB pickeral that weekend, a 28" by 17.5" fish, a real beauty. High fives all around, and I managed to get kinda wrecked during the celebration. ( I gotta stop letting others mix the whisky.) No pike, which I found kinda odd. Most of the time we used jigs w/ minnows. My son and I did have success on small jigging spoons tipped w/ minnow. We brought up a sled, a couple 4X4's, and couple augers and explored a bit with little success. Windy and very cold all weekend. Hope ya have a good time. Andy

Hello Bernie.

Nope, we left late Monday morning, stayed an extra night. It took a bit to get the quads started a couple days because of the cold, but other than that everything ran well. Hope to run into you sometime, I like to get up there at least a couple of times each summer.

Actually, I might have already met ya once before... and if I'm not mistaken, I met your father? at the launch at Wade's Landing one fall. He was trolling Hunter's Bay for pike. I went to talk to him about his beautiful Geisler boat and he said he and his boys built them. My son and I have taken a quick tour of the shop in Powassan where the boats are built, met a couple o' fine fellows. I've also stopped by the dealership in Powassan for parts. Once again, good folks. Andy

Edited by Andy

So you BUG all of us instead :dunno: ....just kidding. If it's a good operation and they care about customer satisfaction trust me, they won't think your bugging them at all. And they will be happy to answer any questions you have.

But first why don't you sit down for 10 minutes with a pen & paper and try to think of ANYTHING else you want answered. Saves both parties the back and forth hassle.

We did that already...... but I guess we missed a couple of things. Seeing as my last email was not answered, I couldn't be bothered re-sending again. So I figured that someone such as yourself would have nothing else to do but answer my questions.... just kidding!

• 1 year later...