Attention all Anglers!!!

Castmaster

I have been posting this message in all forums that I am a member of, and also signing up in new ones to post this same message. It is the most important message we will ever have, to pass on in our lifetimes. Our word will forever change if we don't fight!!!

Yes this is another "Asian Carp" thread. Yes, it is our job as members of the Michigan Sportsman to read and sign every single petition we hear of, to close the Chicago Chicago Sanitary/Shipping Canal. This is the only thing we can do!!! I have grown up fishing. I was never involved in hockey, football, baseball, or soccer. While other kids were at arena's and stadiums, I was on the water catching walters. If we do nothing, than we leave a world that our children will never know or understand. This is no joke people!!! It gets more real every single day that goes by and that canal is wide open!!! Last I checked (which was about 3 years ago) We have over 23,000 Michigan Sportsman members. Those are numbers that can make a real difference! I am sure that those number are even higher now. We must band together with clubs and websites form other states and provinces in Canada to convince the US government that this is a matter of not only not just financial and sport fishing. But these fish will destroy the Great lakes for our children, and their children! I know that everyone is hoping that this mess will go away by itself, but it won't. And sitting back on your asses will not do anything. We are all outdoorsman. We all love fishing and hunting. These fish will change everything we know within 10 to 15 years time. The time is now. Stand up for what you believe in! Do whatever you can. Contact your representative in government. Sign as many petitions as you can get your hands on! This is a very real problem people. And it is knocking on our front door. I truly hope that all the members here will not just dismiss this as a "rant" or some kind of "hype". This is our children's future if we let government and "big buisness" win, where we do stand. We will lose if we do nothing! PLEASE do your part!!!

Here is another petition... This one is by the Attorney General in Michigan.

http://www.stopasiancarp.com/

Since big business is what is keeping the canal open, maybe big business can help to close it? As we all know, Bass Pro Shop has a lot to lose if the fishing industry goes south here in the great lakes. Here is an e-mail I fired off to them a few minutes ago. I'm sure that they have a lot more to lose than the average Joe. I encourage everyone to do all that they can! I am truly frightened about this! I have a new kid coming into this world this summer and I would love to teach them the ways I've grown up with. If these fish take over, I will fish no longer. Please do all you can! Call everyone! Contact everyone! E-mail everyone!!!!!!!! Here is the e-mail.....

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was wondering what BPS was doing to influence the US government to close the Chicago shipping canal? It will most definately mean that most/all of your stores surrounding the great lakes will close if the Asian Carp get past the electronic barrier that is in place. Once the carp get into lake Michigan in significant numbers, all sport fishing will cease to exist for the rest of my, and my children's natural lifetimes. Weather you are a sales associate, a manager, or the owner of the company... You will all be out of a job, and closing up shop in 10 years time if you don't commit to stopping the flow through the Chicago canal. Big business and money is what is preventing the US government from closing the canal. Big business and money (particularly BPS money), can also influence the US government to close it. I would very much appreciate a response to this e-mail to set me straight on where Bass Pro Shop stands on this issue.

Thanks you for your time. It is running out.

Derek Laporte