Fishing in Cancun

JohnF

A while back someone was asking for info on fishing here for Tarpon, Snook, Bonefish etc. I got the name of a guide outfit that picks up in the hotel zone, provides all tackle (spinning or Fly), runs real flats skiffs and supplies lunch and beer. I'm pretty sure whoever was asking before has already made the trip but in case anyone is coming later let me know. I'll keep the info just in case. It's $375 for 4 hours (two people) or $475 for a full day. An extra fisherman is $50 but keep in mind there's only so much room on these 18' skiffs. There's no wading due to the muddy bottom in the area which is about 45 minutes north of Cancun.

JF

hey john, thanks for the info, i have never done the flat fishing deal, i have always went for the deep sea trips, i have went with a couple times with different groups, and have enjoyed both trips, the have their advantages. either way you go you will have fun, the last deal i went on caught more fish, but caught better quallity on the first one. i have also had alot of fun with a cheap reel on the beach with a cheap real and some calamari from wal mart.

cant wait to get back.

jason