Our Proud and Privileged Nation...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we live in the greatest nation in the world and it affords us great luxury. please, if you have a few dollars to spare, make a donation to an approved charity to aid the disaster relief in haiti.

the canadian red cross is a great place to start:

http://www.redcross.ca/

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

we all gotta give a little

this morning we were watching the news. American station. Some were complaining that their tax dollars went to relief...but in the same breath they were asking where to donate.

They said that Americans were the most giving nation...they just hate it to be forced on them with taxes.

Kind of a free will thing...I'll give you the shirt off my back, but the government better not say I have to

I just find it interesting is all

And Yes..haiti will get a few of my dollars

Edited by Dara

I work, hence I pay taxes, alot in fact. My country (Canada), sends relief to many if not all countries stricken by natural disasters, and this is a good thing, and is one of the many reasons evryone loves Canada and it's citizens...and this makes me proud to be CANADIAN!

i'd rather it be tax dollars spent on relief... there's a lot of money being made off of hispaniola in this world... taxing those reaping those benefits and redirecting it back makes sense to me.

i'll probably donate at least something to the relief effort. it does put it in perspective just how incredibly lucky we are to be canadian, doesn't it? it's something i try to remember every day.