Upper French - Lunge Lodge

Oeey3109

Good morning all. I'm new to the board, so I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone and sharing fishing knowledge.

My buddy and I are headed to the Upper French this spring (June) to fish for pike and muskie. We're staying at Lunge Lodge this time. We've been up nthere twice before, but this will be our first time at Lunge Lodge. Has anyone ever stayed there? We've had some great success in the past years in this area, but I'm always looking for more tips. I'm interested to see if anyone else has fished this part of the river and is willing to share tips. I don't proclaim to be an expert, but as I said, we've had our share of success catching big pike and muskie. Look forward to hearing from you all.

-Gino

wow all the way from Baltimore. We should be thankful that we live near fishing grounds that people come from so far away to experience. Kawartha musky opens earlier than the area you're talking about, just not as many pike to be found (thank goodness)

Edited by Rizzo

Send a PM to Marty here.He knows that area pretty well and he is a Pittsburg guy.He 's a mess but has some Musky skills in that part of the upper French.The pike are easy there in June Look for weed beds next to deep water.Sachels bay was very good to me years ago when I fished that area.I'll get my maps out and pm you some spots for pike.

Joe