Kawartha pannies

Joeytier

I'm spending a few days in Fenelon Falls, and will be fishing Cameron as much as humanly possible this weekend, and was wondering what kind of patterns/depths have been working for any others fishing the surrounding area/lakes. I was out this evening for a few hours without a sniff, but it seemed as though I was the only ice fisherman on the lake. I'll be back at er bright and early tomorrow morning.

I'm all ears... :thumbsup_anim:

Try sand flats for perch. We have been getting them between 3-11 feet. Also hanging around outside weedlines.

The crappie have been a little tougher to find. From what I have been hearing look deeper than you would expect 14-20 feet. Problem is that there is lots of open space out there in 20 feet with nothing. I'm starting to look for deep water close to spring spawning sites to see if that works.

Besides lots of perch, the catch has been mixed with a few crappies, bass, muskie and one sunfish.

Small spoon tipped with a minnow head has been working.

The cold weather last weekend slowed most people down but beside a couple of friends who have slayed them most of us are still trying to put together a consistant pattern.

This weekend looks good so I would expect to see a bunch of people out searching.

Let us know what happens on Cameron, no spots need be revealed but a depth and pattern helps.

Sure is nice being frustrated on our home lakes instead of driving 1+ hrs to do it.

Have fun.

Edited by Michael Brown