Virginia Beach Report - New Years Eve

tapout

Got out today and dropped my lines by about 8am. Started In about 8 fow and hit about half a dozen perch right away with 2 keepers...then nothing for then next 1/2 hour. Moved locations and got into some more in about 12 fow. The Perch were biting very light and stealing the minnows left, right, and centre.

Lost my favorite rod down the hole. Was re-baiting my set line when I looked over and saw the tip of my rod starting to bend down. I ran to it...was only about 10 - 12 feet away...and just as I got to it it went rocketing down the hole. :wallbash: Wonder what it was?

A couple guys near me caught a muskie about 10 inches..a bruiser..lol.

Someone who was renting a hut nearby caught a pike which looked about 4 or 5 lbs.

Myself, I landed about 70 or so from 8am till about 4:30. Kept 35. A few jumbos in there as well. As for the sizes it was a mixed bag. Caught a few perch that weren't much bigger then the minnows I was using and my biggest was about 13 inches. The average size seemed to be about 8 - 10 inches.

Also caught about 15 rock bass. <_<

The ice is about 7 - 8 inches thick with about an inch of snow on top. "WEAR KLEETS". Learned my lesson in previous seasons when trying to walk out on glasslike ice and end up doing moves that would make most figure skaters jealous.

ATV's and sleds out there all over the place. Even cars and at least one full sized pick-up truck I watched drive back and forth from Georgina Island. :wacko: Wonder what they are thinking? :dunno:

Sorry, no digital camera so no pics. Will have to get one soon.

Cheers all and heres to great fishing in 2010.

Happy New Year everyone.

Tony