Bannister/Wrigley Lake

Stern Rules

I haven't ice fished there in a few years but there are some small pike and supposed to be crappie but I never found any. The most part of the lake is shallow 3'ish. There are deeper areas and some current around the road, I found that out the hard way, fell thru and froze my leg off for hours til my ride came to pick me up...anyway try it out and see, tell us how you did. B)

I haven't ice fished there in a few years but there are some small pike and supposed to be crappie but I never found any. The most part of the lake is shallow 3'ish. There are deeper areas and some current around the road, I found that out the hard way, fell thru and froze my leg off for hours til my ride came to pick me up...anyway try it out and see, tell us how you did. B)

Someone from GRCA contacted me this year and said they don't suggest I fish there but someone else from Pinehurst wrote and said it's okay to fish there. He said there were pike and crappie in there. I want the crappie mainly. I see it's a little shallow but has deeper spots and weedy, at least later in the summer. Haven't had a chance to really fish it early in the summer. Now I got my auger I think I'll try to ice fish it this year. I'll definately post if I have any luck. Thanks for the reply.

If you didn't make a mental note of where the open/weedless spots where when you looked in the in the fall, you may have to punch a lot of holes to find em now. I tried several years ago on bannister and got frustrated with all the weeds and shallow water.

If you didn't make a mental note of where the open/weedless spots where when you looked in the in the fall, you may have to punch a lot of holes to find em now. I tried several years ago on bannister and got frustrated with all the weeds and shallow water.

Well I did take some pics so I have a rough idea. By the road got really weedy and out by the tower so it might be interesting. I'll definately have to explore the area well.