Waltonian Inn Resort on Nipissing

ERB

Spent 3 weekends up there last year, and all 3 times were awesome! Early season is best for Pickeral, and you are always on schools of perch and cisco's to keep you busy all day throughout the months. There is also big ling to be caught, we caught 5 of them last year, as well as pike and lots of mud puppies. The huts are huge and propane heated, we were always well taken care of by a young guy named Will who works there, he's always looking to put you on to fish, even drilling holes on the outside if need be. The cabins on shore have everything you need, TV, stove, clean beds, and clean washrooms with hot tap water at all times. Another cool thing is there is a bar in the main building where the locals and guests gather for drinks, even a live band every so often! Things can get quite sloppy there lol.

Other than that, the hosts are good people, and all they want to do is take care of you, great place, and great breakfasts there as well ;)

I give it a solid 8/10.

My dad and brother went last year. I couldn't make it but they booked another trip for January and I'm going to go this time. They liked it enough to want to go back, and my brother rarely likes going to the same place twice. They actually had poor fishing that weekend, but we're told by everyone that the weekend previous guys had done well. I think a bad front moved in and the fish were off at that time.

It's encouraging to hear that there are fish there.

I have never stayed at the waltonian as I have a cottage just down the street, but I am over there every so often. The cottages are what you would expect from a fishing lodge, nothing fancy but everything you need is there. I actually have one of their old ice huts as well. The propane heat is wonderful (no smoke) and there is tons of room to move around. You are very close to the snowmobile trails, and North Bay is a short 25min drive. Johnny does a great job and I would recomend them for sure.

I have been going to the Waltonian Inn for over 20 years. I think I went there with my family for the first time when I was 3 years old. Typically I have been in the Summer months but have been for ice fishing as well.

Great spot, great service, go enjoy yourself!

PS: Im jealous!