Off to see Jos for my first centerpin!

raptorfan

I am about to head out to see Joslyn. I called this morning and he said he has over 200 centerpins in stock, so I should be able to find something decent for entry level in my price range. Pretty excited, can't wait till tomorrow morning to go and try it out. Good thing I will be fishing alone, so no one can laugh at my efforts! :D:D

Will post a pic of my new unit later on tonight or tomorrow.....if it is tomorrow, hopefully the first pic of my reel is with my first steelie as well! :rolleyes:

Shawn

Well, he hooked me up with a good deal as expected.....and of course he had to let me know just how green and uninformed I was....lol. Am going out with them on sunday though, so should be a fantastic learning experience. Got myself an Okuma Aventa 4 1/2" reel, fully spooled with upgraded bearings and a cpl other goodies. Hopefully I get some action tomorrow :)

Shawn

Edited by raptorfan

Okuma unless Ozuma is a knock off...with an Okuma you can do a wallace cast....

with an Ozuma you can do the "watch you talkin bout Willace" cast ...and we all know the trouble that cast got into Edited by Twocoda

hahaha!!

Raptorfan, do yourself a favour and put a swivel above your float. Until you learn the Wallis, this will greatly cut down on the amount of line twist you'll get... And trust me...you'll get tonnes with the side cast :)

good for you, youll fall in love with fishing all over again..I went out yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks, wow. my Wallis cast went all wrong.. you gotta keep at it, maybe its good if there are other pinners out there, maybe they can give you a little tutorial on casting.. I never minded the constructive criticism.it all helps... all the best!