Trying to read a MNR stocklist for trout

MuddyWater

ive got a stocklist and im trying to find some new splake lakes to hit but i cant figure out where to find these lakes all that they do is give me the name of the lake. the township, the zone, some easting and northing thing!!

it looks like this

WATERBODY TOWNSHIP ZONE EASTING NORTHING

Bow methuen 18 262944 4953413

any help would be awsome!!

ive got a stocklist and im trying to find some new splake lakes to hit but i cant figure out where to find these lakes all that they do is give me the name of the lake. the township, the zone, some easting and northing thing!!

it looks like this

WATERBODY TOWNSHIP ZONE EASTING NORTHING

Bow methuen 18 262944 4953413

any help would be awsome!!

I am guessing, but the last three numbers would be Zone 18, 26o29'44", 49o53'41.3"

Welcome to the addiction!!!

I've been doing this for some time, but without a vehicle to get me there, it's still a dream to visit all of these lakes (particularly on Bancroft-Mazinaw lists...)

My tools:

Toporama: http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map/

- this site provides topographic maps that actually include name labels on most lakes unlabelled on many other sources

- most lakes i've had interest in were not identified at all on google maps. In fact, aside from an "idea" of how to drive there, I wouldn't even consult GMaps. Go straight here, type in the coordinates of your lake, and it'll bring you to the general area (with some error on either the MNR or Toporama's part, but usually withint he same area of the lake youw ill be brought)

- a tip: turn off contours. They really tend to clutter the map

- roads are NOT labelled on this system (grr)! they are identified as various lines but they do not have their respective names listed.

Crown Land Use Atlas: http://crownlanduseatlas.mnr.gov.on.ca/

- you should consult this to make sure you are accessing the lake via public (crown) property.

- also very good for identifying where lakes are as you can type in the township names as a way of searching (see, they do come in handy on that stocking list!)

Any questions, feel free to send me a private message! It's an addictive hobby trying to map out where all of these lakes are. Many of the roads leading into them I've found to be old logging roads turned snowmobile trails. For this reason, it's good idea to get in touch with people on snowmobile forums. At times they've been extremely helpful, particularly in the Canonto townships. Also, MNR may have someone you can talk to about how to get there. I've stopped in once or twice and had firsthand directions on how to access some lakes.

Good luck!!