Weekend report...

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

I wish I could report news of landing fish but alas....

I went 0/1 on Saturday and 0/1 today.

The one i hooked into today was a beast. It swam beside another guy out in the middle of the river and he said it was at least 30 inches...

I fought it for a couple minutes and it took me across the river where it proceeded to snap (?) my leader.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should switch knots. I've been using the improved clinch, and I think its slipping.

Maybe next outing I will use the Davy knot.

Anyways, on Saturday tribhunter and I walked all the way down a creek.. Long walk :)

Today, I decided to walk up the creek and learn to read the water.

I must say it is pretty fun just walking along the water mapping out where fish should be and all the little nuances.

I don't really like creek fishing as I didn't have any success... I have only hooked into fish in the bigger rivers.

So thats pretty much what I have to say... I hope next time I go out I can land multiple fish...

Oh ya, and if anyone finds a pair of silver XPS sunglasses with brown lens floating somewhere let me know :)

I wish I could report news of landing fish but alas....

I went 0/1 on Saturday and 0/1 today.

The one i hooked into today was a beast. It swam beside another guy out in the middle of the river and he said it was at least 30 inches...

I fought it for a couple minutes and it took me across the river where it proceeded to snap (?) my leader.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should switch knots. I've been using the improved clinch, and I think its slipping.

Maybe next outing I will use the Davy knot.

Anyways, on Saturday tribhunter and I walked all the way down a creek.. Long walk :)

Today, I decided to walk up the creek and learn to read the water.

I must say it is pretty fun just walking along the water mapping out where fish should be and all the little nuances.

I don't really like creek fishing as I didn't have any success... I have only hooked into fish in the bigger rivers.

So thats pretty much what I have to say... I hope next time I go out I can land multiple fish...

Oh ya, and if anyone finds a pair of silver XPS sunglasses with brown lens floating somewhere let me know :)

Spit on your knot before you tie it,..nothing wrong the clinch if you tie it right,..whats your leader?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

given the absence of a drag on a pin, i would think this could just be learning the ropes of a manual drag...

busting off steel is par for the course.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i do too. i think because of the thinner diameter, a palomars double passthru is advantageous.

that said, i still snapped off 2 of 7 this weekend...it's inevitable...

Spit on your knot before you tie it,..nothing wrong the clinch if you tie it right,..whats your leader?

I think at that time I was using 4.5lb Raven fluoro

I went to tie on some 4.4lb Frog hair, and I noticed that CPA sent me 4.4KG frog hair.. (10lb) lol....

Gonna have to email him to see what we can do.

Edited by Ultyma316

With flouro? 6-7times.. Also use an improved clinch if you have to tie a clinch knot.

Yeah I use the improved clinch.

I'm not sure if its breaking or if its slipping.

The palomar knot looks good, but tying in in the middle of a river seems impractical.

Davy knot here I come!

Yeah I use the improved clinch.

I'm not sure if its breaking or if its slipping.

The palomar knot looks good, but tying in in the middle of a river seems impractical.

Davy knot here I come!

What's the line look like? If it's not curled up, it's most likely snapping and not coming undone..

I have no issues tying a palomar in the middle of a river, quicker then a clinch for me..

The Davy knot looks awesome, I'll try that out on Wednesday.