My NEW Wading boots are slippery as ...... in the mud

splashhopper

The new Simms Aqua Stealth boots are really good. I've got them with and without studs.

In the St. Marys Rapids, you really need good traction....lots of flat algae covered rocks with very high flow. With the rubber soles and studs Im glued to the bottom. There is one wade that requires a tricky maneuver I like to call a rock bounce. One rock in a deep channel....you take a long stride to hit it and a long stride to the next shallows...these boots rule.

that sounds scary, thats like Niagara river flow.. wading, I know its a popular spot, but I wouldn't wade it without someone who knows it.

there is a series of rocks below a low head dam I fish, one section there is about a 3.5 foot gap, only in about 5 feet of water on one side 2 feet on the other, but once the water level on the rocks your walking along goes from about 7 inches to 12+inches ,mid thigh.. its.. well sometimes i don't do it. esp when the water is brown..l water does scare me, but I wont seen to not stay out of it..

the rock bounce eh ...what a great label....i actually got washed into a pool fighting a fish and pulled off a triple "rock bounce" water didnt breach the top of my waders ( thankfully) but it was too close for comfort...

Now Twocoda... breaching the top of YOUR waders vs the top of mine... would be almost over my head! :o

Short asses like me shouldn't even try that damned river of yours where you took me the first time out :lol:

Do you use stocking foot waders?If you do check the korkers konvertable wading boot.Interchangeable soles.Had these for a few years,comfertable and versitile.Hasnt let me down yet.Lebarons may still carry them.6 different soles to choose from.Very happy with mine.

How do you put these in without puncturing the inside and stepping on them LOL.

Well you need to make sure your sole is thick enough that you won't puncture them :)

Most felt soled wading boots can take these without issue.

Edited by BillM