Anyone pour their own soft plastic baits?

brifishrgy

started using soft plastics for muskie this year and wanted to get my son some things for christmas so he can make his own .. is there anywhere in the Toronto to Niagara area that carries liquid rubber for making baits .. did a quick search and only american mail order places come up .. was hoping to keep it canadian but will go to the states if I have to

Thanks

hi there i am 15 and love to fish. In the past year i am addicted to video games. My dad decided that i need to get into somethiong better then this. i am apart of the barrie juniour bassmaster and i love to use soft plastics. i got into making my own but they we not the greatest i must say. i bought a starter kit and it only came with a few molds and the only one that i can really make is the frog tail. any type of round bait (gurb, worm ect.) you can not make them fully round. here is a link that i bought the stuff and you can order extra molds colours and plastic but i just started with the starter kit. if you have any questions PM me your number an i will be happy to tell you more.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/kits/...-making-kit:630

This is a great site for getting started making your own tackle!

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community...-soft-plastics/

They have some soft plastic bait making tutorials, and there are other Canadians on the site as well (it is an American site, but has folks from all over the world on it!)

I was going to suggest Luremaking.com for supplies, but it doesn't look like they handle soft plastic equipment or supplies.

I was going to put their link up earlier.. as it use to have raw supplies on it with liquids/hooks/etc. But now appears they are just selling finished goods c/w a dealer network.

http://www.bassmagnetlures.com/

Thanks .. I found raw materials in the lure making components section

they have Fishing World in Hamilton as a supplier .. might have to take a drive down to see what they have

Edited by brifishrgy

hi there i am 15 and love to fish. In the past year i am addicted to video games. My dad decided that i need to get into somethiong better then this. i am apart of the barrie juniour bassmaster and i love to use soft plastics. i got into making my own but they we not the greatest i must say. i bought a starter kit and it only came with a few molds and the only one that i can really make is the frog tail. any type of round bait (gurb, worm ect.) you can not make them fully round. here is a link that i bought the stuff and you can order extra molds colours and plastic but i just started with the starter kit. if you have any questions PM me your number an i will be happy to tell you more.

http://www.lurecraft.com/catalog.cfm/kits/...-making-kit:630

It sounds like you have the one piece molds... you should step up to the 2 piece molds to make the good round stuff!

The tackle underground site has some good tutorials on hand pouring and injecting 2 piece molds for soft plastics!

hey i pour my own baits if your looking for molds then you gotta order from the states otherwise you can make your own . bassmagnet is the place to get plastic in canada . i dont think fishingworld has any of that stuff but i might be wrong. if you have any questions shoot me a pm.

Edited by BIG FISH

I pour most of my soft plastics now. 1 peice aluminum molds are the best for me so far. I have a cousin that works for a company that makes stuff from metal and he makes custom molds for me. Fishing world does not sell the soft plastic off the shelf but Blake can order it for you. Just contact him on here or call him at the store. I started making my own custom molds this year. It takes getting use to, trust me. To get them to turn out like the high end stuff you will have to go through alot of trial and error. When you get it right you will have a ton of soft plastic baits and will have alot of friends that will tend to use it, it works out to be so much cheaper.