Dead Brown Trout Eggs

xKobeZx

I was fishing at the hamilton harbour earlier today and found a dead female brown trout.It was still very reconizable and didnt look like it had been dead very long so i decided to see if it had some eggs and did it ever anyways i took them and stored them properly but was wondering if they're anygood seeing as they came from a dead fish. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.:)

HEY BUD

Its totally ok to harvest eggs from a dead fish, Personally I have done it with dead ( not to old) coho's, and pacifics) I asked Mitch the CO in Durham about it and he said that its cool, but the baggy will count towards the daily limit...

better to harvest eggs from a fish that is dead than milk the crap out of a live fish or worsr kill her for the eggs.....

Dave

I was lucky enough to find two chinnies this fall, which pretty much fills my roe needs until next season. Funny thing is, the pool I was fishing was full of snaggers that day. Not one of them thought to harvest a dead fish.

Like others have said, as long as the fish is in decent shape, the roe should be fine.