No fish!

bigugli

Usually I have at least 1 report this late in the week. Been so busy canning and running to market :wallbash:

As stated on another thread, The puter is in the kitchen a mere 4 ft from the stove. So I gets to browse endlessly while my concoctions simmer and stew :devil:

Every body wants salsa. It's a good problem to have. For those who remember ECO101, its ideal to have demand exceeding supply, but my little tin pot and I can only produce 2 gallons each session.

OF course there are the bushels of tomatoes and peppers that have to be picked and processed first. Now , with the grape harvest beginning, I've been asked to make some sample recipes featuring domestic grapes.

Here is the result of today's marathon. Medium hot salsa and thick grape butter.

DSCN2813.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a few hours tommorow to fish and relax. Saturday I'll be back in St Jacob's at five in the morning, and , yes, going to market is a whole lot of fun.

Hopefully I'll get a few hours tommorow to fish and relax. Saturday I'll be back in St Jacob's at five in the morning, and , yes, going to market is a whole lot of fun.

Gonna have to try to check it out soon. We're only 30 minutes or so from the market. Actually we were there a couple of Saturdays back.

JF