any suggestions for a good pike/walleye net?

redneck666

hey people, i've been able to get by with my little trout net cause my i never used to fish with a net. but anyhow any suggestions for a good quality for pike/walleye? preferably a deep net lol and something that a big enough pike wont break through oh almost forgot, an adjustable one too.... thanks,

JP

Edited by bigredneck

i bought that frabil net with the red shaft at crappy tire. it was a bit pricey at $59.99 plus tax but omg sooo worth the money! it extends out past 5feet i believe and compacts back up nicely, the net has that spray rubber netting for getting hooks out easier and i netted a 40" pike with it on the weekend with no problems.

My good friend Musky Striker uses a Beckman Pen Fin Saver Fishing Net.

It's the best net I have ever seen.

Here's what they say about it on-line...

With a Fin Saver there's less mesh-snarling of teeth, fins, and gill plates. Today's trophy angler requires a rugged right-sized net for landing large fish — as well as a fish-friendly net bag for the most lively releases! Pen™ Fin Saver Net Treated-Hook Proof 30" x 39" hoop/bag 4' detachable slide handle.

i bought that frabil net with the red shaft at crappy tire. it was a bit pricey at $59.99 plus tax but omg sooo worth the money! it extends out past 5feet i believe and compacts back up nicely, the net has that spray rubber netting for getting hooks out easier and i netted a 40" pike with it on the weekend with no problems.

i wanted to try netting that one 7lb pike with my trout net but i decided it woulda just flopped out haha. woulda been crazy to land though, but the hooks didnt hold onto it for verry long cause of the way it hit the harness.

I don't like those heavy rubber landing nets. They are ok if you built like Arnold Shwartzenegger or have a buddy you can trust to use the net. I prefer those rubberized fine meshed nets that I can operate with one arm. I like the nets that are rather deep yet have a flat bottom. The fish don't panic so much in them because those real deep cone shaped nets.....the fish gets almost folded in two and they don't seem to like that very much.

I had a decent rubber net until it was left on my boat top (I won't mention any names :rolleyes: .) I found out at high speed it will blow off and into the lake.

.....It didn't float :(

Next one I get if it doesn't float will be filled with foam in the handle.

good idea!