Lorimer Lake Fishing

4x4bassin

My in-laws just bought a place on Lorimer Lake (just NE of Parry Sound) and we are heading up there in the next week or so to check it out.Does anyone have any fishing advice/locations for that lake. I can't find any info on the lake but i'm sure someone here can help me out.

Thanks

My aunt and uncle have a plce right on Lormier Lk.Rd. I was there for the first time a month ago. Lot's of nice pike in the bay's . Only got a chance to fish from the docks and caught one of everything probly. Pretty little though. Went for a tour on the house boat and there was a lot of nice structured bay's.. Looked great for large mouth and pike fishing. Pretty dissapointed i didnt get a chance to fish it like i planned, so make sure you let me know how you make out.

Good Luck.

Guest Johnny Bass

There is this bay and then there is a road and there is a river that goes across the road and to another lake. Anyways in that bay by the shore? Either early morning or late evening(In the summer is when I went) Is loaded with big pike. Every rock bass I caught was hammered by a big pike. I also had a rainbow follow a husky jerk but dont know how common they are in the lake. Hope this helps.

I dont know about rainbows but theres lake trout ,Never fished there in the summer , A friend of a friend has a place there and we ice fished there for lakers a few years back we made out ok if I remember nothing huge but great red fleshed eaters in the 2-3 pound range , nice spot but probably busy in the summer as I remember the whole shore line was cottages no crown land .

• 6 months later...

I am bumping this old thread because I never made it up there last year to fish and the season is almost upon us this year.Any more tips on this lake or surrounding lakes for the upcoming season .

Thanks

DG

I've been there a few times but not for over 10 yrs now. I believe that the Tim Horton's kids camp is still located on Lorimer Lake but didn't notice them doing a lot of fishin' when I was there.

Lots of smallmouth and rockies around the islands and some big panfish in the back bays.