Lake St. Clair Musky Fishing

Chaddy_Boi

Hey everyone, first off i'd like to thank all of you who helped us out on our trip to lake Temagami and cross lake, Secondly a buddy and I are wanting to head down to lake st clair for some fall musky, any recommendations on lures, colors depths or places to go .. were probably going to head out of Mitchell's bay. Thanks for your input.

If you are heading from the Bay I would suggest you head to the XE2 marker area there have been alot of musky coming from the area we use alot of Woodies 61/4" size Bass Haven has them in stock my favorite to run would be Black Perch,Special perch, Fire bass, $9 bass, Walleye, and good Ol Perch white belly. You can also run super shad raps perch, orange tiger,gold. Dont be afraid to run bucktails also. I would start in 12 FOW and work your way out t o15 FOW the fish are there its just a matter of finding them look for the perch fishermen and work that area but be nice and give them alot of room to fish there bait fish the musky will be all over so if your in the area they will find you. Hope that gives you a bit of a starting point.

Hey everyone, first off i'd like to thank all of you who helped us out on our trip to lake Temagami and cross lake, Secondly a buddy and I are wanting to head down to lake st clair for some fall musky, any recommendations on lures, colors depths or places to go .. were probably going to head out of Mitchell's bay. Thanks for your input.

I don't remember seeing you post a report on your success or the lack thereof from your Temagami trip and the tips you recieved from here... are you on the all take and no give policy, or did I just miss it???

I don't remember seeing you post a report on your success or the lack thereof from your Temagami trip and the tips you recieved from here... are you on the all take and no give policy, or did I just miss it???

Just joined yesterday and had 2 posts. 2 posts in this thread are his so I would say you have not missed it.

Might have PMed though.

I have a buddy who went to Tamgami this summer and this weekend is heading to St.Clair to try for musky. I am sure it is not him though because he would not choose the name chaddy-boi. lol

GCD , as CUDZ said i just opened my account the other day i was using a buddy's account for the temagami trip, but here's the report ... i have no idea where the walleye are lol ... however if your looking for lake trout head into cross lake i recommend a map( there available at the local bait shop in temagami), as you enter the lake turn north and start trolling there is a very long narrow stretch of lake that is around 100 ft deep we were using lead core lines and little cleos and caught a few nice ones.. on the windy days we found shelter in the many bays and were hammering decent size pike on mepps spinners.. Good luck if you ever go, and if you find the walleye don't be shy about sharing.