a current event/War Resisters Billl

holdfast

If the recruitment commercials and posters told the truth instead of pitching an education and good paying jobs as the result of joining up, maybe there wouldn't be so many going AWOL. Show them coming home in bodybags, committing suicide in record numbers and suffering the physical and mental injuries that will haunt them as long as they live. Then show them the fat cats counting their profits from the war machine and how what they are doing over there is making MORE terrorists, not less. If the reasons were really humanitarian, why aren't they in Tibet or any number of other places worldwide where injustices are being committed?

I say come on up if you want to live in peace.

I guess the ones that sign up are completely ignorant of what the military does eh? They've never watched the evening news, never read a newspaper, never seen a war movie on TV, and don't even realize that soldiers carry weapons?

Get real!

Yes they joined up for the benefits and the education... well guess what?... you have to work for those!!!

You can actually quit the military in the U.S nowadays, yes it means a dishonorable discharge and loss of benefits, and I'm sure that if you took a reenlistment bonus you'd have to pay it back... and if that's why these people are fleeing the U.S, to keep from having to pay back the money they took... then they're nothing more than thieves!!!