Berkley Vanish

ohhenrygsr

I see that many fishermen are using very strong fluorocarbon....stuff like 20 to 40 lb test. I can't see why. I don't know many rods that can lift a 20 lb bag of potatoes off the ground or pull a 10 lb fish right out of the water.

OK, I can see someone using heavy braid because the stuff does not absorb hard sudden shocks unless you use very strong braid but why the strong fluorocarbon.....except where there are toothy fish around. But since 20 lb fluorocarbon can get cut just as easily as 20 lb mono and is less or similar abrasion resistant as mono...I prefer using very fine 4 lb size flexible 49 to 54 strand wire leader in 10 to 15 lb test. Yes, this stuff costs maybe 10 times more than premium fluorocarbon but I do a lot of pike fishing and the extra fine wire leader never gets cut. However, it does get damaged and must be replaced. Lure action is great and visibility is almost nil. Just like fluorocarbon is almost invisible.

I don't feel fluoro is less abrasion resistant than mono. I know thats what a lot of people have been saying lately and there somebody that does test on it and whatever, but I don't think all the musky fisherman would use the stuff if it wasn't tough. I've caught hundreds of musky's on the stuff and never had a break off. Can catch 20 or more fish on one leader without as much as a scratch. It's just like any other type of line, if your getting broke off alot, go heavier! Thats coming from a bass fisherman, I don't know squat about trout fishing.

Edited by Daryl Cameron