smaller trout in the credit river

chandru

but of course I'll have time for that after graduation and the cash starts rolling in! Or so I hope LOL

Enjoy your time fishing now. I think you may find once you start working you'll have less time to fish than when you're in school. I've certainly found this true. Anyhow best of luck on the weekend. I've been meaning to get out there all season but haven't yet.

Hi Every body

I am new to the forum and to this sorts of things, But I want to help chandru since he wont find much information on Erindale Park referring to resident trout.

A little info about me. I had been fly fishing for the last 4 years love it every minute, but at the beginning I was in the same position that you are now no money and no time to go far, so I heard about Erindale park it's 15 minutes away from me. so I start going to Erindale park since I could not afford going any where else. My first year I did not caught anything, but I figure good water flow even during the summer good hidden spots lots of food (insects ) .....there must be fish living there and calling that stretch of the river home... to make my story short finally a dialed in my technique and presentation and bum i got my first trout a little ( 4 inches ) rainbow trout that was photograph and put back and the river. I fish Erindale park in fall summer and even winter. Resident fish is not big 4 to 14 inches ( salmon and stealth head are big but they are seasonal runs ), so my advice go try even if you do no catch any trout you will have fun with chubs and suckers but if you want big browns yes you need to hit the upper Credit River as every one said. I attached one picture of a rainbow caught sep 16 2009 at erindale park very close to the parking lot with a bushy #16 hair nymph brown color one split shot 10 inches from the fly a 5x 12 foot long leader tapper to 7 x with a indicator at between 4 and 5 foot from the fly P9160391.JPG