Nipissing Tips

Master of Bait

Hey gang,

It's been almost a year since I've fished - we had our first baby five months ago, you know how it is...

Anyway, my one reprieve is my annual tourney with the boys this weekend. It'll be our first trip to Nipissing (Greening Bay Cottages near Callander).

Just looking for any helpful advice. Bass/Pike/Walleye are the quarry - length criteria so pike is the prime target if available.

If you won't give up your hot spots I'll take any tips you might have for patterns this time of year.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers,

MOB

I was in Callander Bay last weekend and it was covered with what they call green-blue allgea. In most areas you could not see your lure only inches under the surface of the water. Not sure if it has disipated or if this affects fishing, but you might have to consider hitting the open water.

Edited by LucG

No worries about the B/G algae, Greening's Bay is 10km away from Calender.

My avatar photo is a bass I caught right in the bay that you are staying at.

Personally I don't know what doesn't work as long as you find them. Tubes, grubs, small worms, crayfish cranks, top waters, minnow baits, spinner baits.

Lots a shoals, lots of bass.

I've fished Nippissing a few times this year. The only tip I can give you is large lures = large fish, especially the pickerel.

The pike will hit anything, even lures bigger than themselves. Seriously, pike never die, they just swim around with pieces missing and hit anything near them :lol:

Joey