Rapala R-type fishing rod

fish-miester

yeah , i ended up buying the 7'2 R-type for flippin light jigs.. as of right now im liking it

Nice man, I held a few of those. Man at the Lindsay CT they have a lot of fishing stuff...like it's unreal everything from carrot sticks to compre rods ...very impressed. Got any reals for sale...lol j/k pm me for a starter reel if u got 1 i might need to save up some but hey money's money.

The R-Type at the Canadian Tire in Lindsay were 110 I think, I bought a 6'7" MH Rapala TS2 Trigger Rod today(My first baitcaster :D )

All I can say is wow, for $65.99 before tax this rod is state of the art, those R-Type rods are amazing also but for 75bucks with tax in this is amazing, a great first rod for myself and the hunt for a reel now begins!

I suggest a Shimano CiticaE baitcaster for your rod. This is the 2009 model of the Citica and it's about as close to a CuradoE that you can find but for 100 dollars less than the CuradoE.

I suggest a Shimano CiticaE baitcaster for your rod. This is the 2009 model of the Citica and it's about as close to a CuradoE that you can find but for 100 dollars less than the CuradoE.

If I had the cash I would jump on that reel but I may need to spend a little less and go for the Daiwa Megaforce it's about 30 bucks less and well it's less money. We will need to wait and see what the holiday time brings me for spending money :D Looking to put 20(or maybe 30lb braid) on it and my main goal for this combo is to use it for jigs around lighter cover, buzzbaits, texas rigg's in weeds, jerkbaits for pike and small musky and the odd use i may find for it.

Any reviews on the Megaforce?

Sorry for stiring up the thread again bro. :P

hey mike.. honestly i dont mind at all.. um and as for reels i had some good ones for sale.. but litteraly sold them probably 3 days ago.. had a rick clunn combo for 50$ but shes gone now. as well as a pfluger president for pretty cheap.. but that was the past .. as of right now i dont have anything .. but i will ask my buddies.. cuz well why pay full price when u can pay about half ? lol

Are you a righty or a lefty ?

hey mike.. honestly i dont mind at all.. um and as for reels i had some good ones for sale.. but litteraly sold them probably 3 days ago.. had a rick clunn combo for 50$ but shes gone now. as well as a pfluger president for pretty cheap.. but that was the past .. as of right now i dont have anything .. but i will ask my buddies.. cuz well why pay full price when u can pay about half ? lol

Are you a righty or a lefty ?

Righty. As for fishing, when does the boat leave the dock? lol, man it's all shore fishing around here. Found some appealing spots but still have yet to fish them.

Well see u soon, man i can't wait to ice fish this year(aka first time)

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

If I had the cash I would jump on that reel but I may need to spend a little less and go for the Daiwa Megaforce it's about 30 bucks less and well it's less money. We will need to wait and see what the holiday time brings me for spending money :D Looking to put 20(or maybe 30lb braid) on it and my main goal for this combo is to use it for jigs around lighter cover, buzzbaits, texas rigg's in weeds, jerkbaits for pike and small musky and the odd use i may find for it.

Any reviews on the Megaforce?

Sorry for stiring up the thread again bro. :P

If it's only 30 dollars difference then go for the CiticaE for sure. If it was a difference of 60 to 100 dollars maybe you could say that there is a difference.

I don't own a CiticaE or even an old Citica. However I do own some older reels that I bought "used" on Ebay: Daiwa ProcasterZ H103LA, Daiwa ProcasterX H103A, Diawa MA15-2B, Shimano Bantam TX 101 Mag, and they all work very very well. I also own a new Shimano Cardiff 101A and new Shimano Calyx 100A. But I can tell right away that the CiticaE is way smoother, faster, easier to adjust, easier to take apart for cleaning and lighter than anything I have right now except for the 2 reels with graphite bodies that I have which weigh about the same as the CiticaE. A CiticaE at the local fishing boutique sells for 190.00. This is way over my budget so I have to stick with the reels that I bought for under 30 dollars on Ebay.

BTW, you won't find anymore used Daiwa H103's on Ebay for under 75 dollars.

Before buying a reel, think very carefully about whether it's going to be one with the handles on the left or on the right. Like almost everyone else, I cast with my right arm and crank with my left hand when spinning and even when fly fishing. But for baitcasting, I prefer the handles on the righthand side of the reel. Sure, I have both types and use both types but for real fast cranking, my right hand is faster than my left hand. Since I am old enough to have used level wind reels when spinning reels were unavailable, all the level wind reels had the handles on the right and maybe this has influenced me a bit. When casting, I still turn my wrist so that the spool is vertical and the handles are on top in order for the spool to spin only on it's main bearing. And "YES", doing this with a reel with handles on the right does give you more distance and fewer backlashes. I fish much more often with the Procaster X H103 than any of my other reels even though the Procaster Z (lefty) has more bearings. I never use the graphite body reels anymore even though they are a bit lighter.