anyone fish the pickerel river system

danada

Just about everything swims in there - pike, walleye, bass, bowfin...fish the likely looking spots..points, weedbeds (which you'll see lots of). There are a number of little backbays that are worth exploring as well. If you have a canoe and are up for a one or two day back lake adventure, send me a pm and I'll give you the details.

Lot's of larger than average bass that doesn't see alot of pressure and plenty of pickeral that do. It's a long system that makes for a good inland alternative to the French or GBay for boat camping, plenty of Crown Land available. Never fished it much, just when going back & forth hitting the back lakes.

Lot's of larger than average bass that doesn't see alot of pressure and plenty of pickeral that do. It's a long system that makes for a good inland alternative to the French or GBay for boat camping, plenty of Crown Land available. Never fished it much, just when going back & forth hitting the back lakes.

what back lakes were you fishing, ive been told to try smokey and noganosh. just curious i dont want to spend all my time looking in the wrong places.

if you go to jacks lake and go to the left side when ur at the boat launch off hwy 522 and ull find a mill if you go under that bridge and follow the narrow part until the end you will see a water fall i fished there back in july and hooked a big pike using gulp and a chartreuse jig caught lots of decent bass there 17 inches average and when nothing else is biting the rock bass are always around to hit just about whatever you throw out there. i dont really think i gave you detailed directions but thats the best i can do.

what back lakes were you fishing, ive been told to try smokey and noganosh. just curious i dont want to spend all my time looking in the wrong places.

Between the Mag & Hwy522 there's enough trophy bass fishing to last a lifetime, canoe & fly-in access only. The odd lake with have pike and a few have pickeral. Pretty much every lake has great fishing for something, been hitting that area almost exclusively for 15 odd years. I don't want to name specific lakes on a public forum but you're off to a good start.

The Pickeral itself has good fishing, hit likely spots at the top part of Dollars and look for current in neck down areas and you'll get bit by something.

First fishing trip was on Dollars Lake with my father when I was about 10. We went to the boat to lodge at the north end. Caught largemouth along the shoreline of the river towards the dam. Seen a sturgeon below the dam. Seen a big fish casing lots of minnows off an island. Also, locals were gathering in the center of the lake to catch eyes at dusk. It was a great little trip!

The islands on Dollars lake will cough up eyes and smallies.Try the transitions from rock to sand at the base of them.Early evening at the mouth of the wolf river is a good spot.stay around the shoal marked with the jug and work out around it and the weedbed slowly working bottom.Trolling shoreline drops will get you pike all through the system.Largemouth like wood.Crappies are there but hard to find.Live bait is best for jigging.

Kerry