OMC Trolling motors

ohhenrygsr

There are a number of internet shops that can supply parts...if you know what you need.

Ackman's can probablly do the repair job or Rocky's in Orillia, if that's closer.

I have had problems, in the past, with the brushes sticking so the motor would be okay, then just stop..then go again...etc. On mine there were two long screws holding the motor casing shut. The hardest part was getting the armature back into the shoes...Two hacksaw blades did the trick.

Other than that, the rheostat can go south, or there can be a problem in the circuit board.

But for those jobs I took them in for repair.

Hey Henry,

Check the posi post on the battery. I had that problem before and it turned out that the connection was bad at the battery. I put a washer underneath and everything was good again.

also have you checked the miles of wire in there? Or the fuse? I believe there was one at the back of the boat?

Worse case scenerio, a Terrova would look really sharp on the bow ;)

My 79FP Minnkota went down, I think it's the rheostat, so I am now using the 65FP unit.

When I get down to the city, around the middle of the month, I will drop the 79 at Aickman's for repair.

Once I have two working units again, I will offer the 65 For Sale. It has a much longer shaft so will fit boats with higher decks than a Bass boat.