Cameron Lake bass fishin

dada2727

Once in a while I get a few buddies together and have a little bass derby, $50 a boat, $10 lunker.....the usual. Just don't like paying $300 to fish a tourney anymore. This time I decided on Cameron lake, I like to keep the lakes smaller so the bigger boats don't have as much of an advantage. The morning started off pretty good, the first hour we put a decent 2.5 lber in the boat, and lost a couple more with 5 or 6 undersized fish also. Then the bite slowed right down. Caught the odd undersized fish, but it wasn't until after noon when I pitched my jig next to a tree, snapped it a couple times and saw a nice 5lb class fish swim out and suck it in! Almost lost it when it decided to swim inbetween the shaft of my minnkota and tranducer cable, but my partner managed to get it in the net.

We had our limit by 2:30pm and weigh in was at 3:30pm. The lake was as rough was I've ever seen it, so we headed to a sheltered bay where almost everyone else was. I pitched my tube at a dock and when I went to lift it up I felt something funny, so I set the hook and angered and big largie! After a short battle and a jump that made my heart skip, we got another nice 5.5 lber in the livewell! We headed back to the weigh in and put over 17 lbs in the bag, good enough to take it!

Some other nice fish were brought in, second place had 14 lbs 11 oz with a 4 lb smallie and a 4 lb largie, 3rd had a nice 5 lb 4 oz largie and put 12 lbs in the boat, and 4 was around 11 lbs. Not bad for 6 boats!

one on left is just under 5, and righty is 5.5 lbs

big_bass_pic.jpg