White Lake near Ottawa?

Mr Twister

Why does a large body of water with good weeds,rocks and all other factors contribute to only same size fish in abundence??? 2lbs cookie cutter size largmouth!

I spoke with MNR and others as I am still with out ansers?

I was told that local fishermen keep all the large ones?Is that true as we can pull up 60+ large mouth but not even catch a good 3-4 trough out that most of the time.

Just would like some anser......

Twister

If there are that many bass in the lake, I would guess that the competition for food is tough.

I fished two lakes like that this season. One was infested with specks. Couldn't keep them off your line but we were hard pressed to find one over 13"

Another lake was all pike. They were a PITA...largest we got was 20" believe it or not. But there was one on almost every cast.

Yep..I've found the same thing with lakes that are loaded with fish...they all tend to be the same size. Every once in a long while you'll pull out something big, but it's rare. I fish one lake that is KIND of an exception...it's got a ton of smallies, and if you'll catch 10-12 inchers all day long. However, it has some really deep sections, so if you get away from the typical shoreline stuff and go deep, there are some trophy fish to be had.

If there are any sections of the lake you haven't tried...whether they're 20 feet or 2 inches deep...check 'em out...maybe the lunker bass are in there...?