planning on fishing either buckhorn or chemong..

fish-miester

Hey guys and gals,

me and my buddy are heading up to either chemong of buckhorn to do some bass fishing ,

I have a 14' tinny fully loaded with a 9.9

and well we just wanna hook into some fish.. we were planning on hitting docks , as well as weedlines and what ever else we find..

out of the two lakes which one would you recomend..? and why ?

as of right now we were thinking chemong as its a smaller body of water .. aka less wind and waves hopefully..

thanks again !

Although I've never been there at this time of year, The south shore of Chemong around Kelly's Island is a hot spot for bass in early June.We seem to catch good ones trolling harnesses for pickeral. As for launches, I dunno. We put in at a public ramp next to Redwing Cottages ( upper Chemong).

there are 2 launches on the causeway for chemong... they are on the west side of the lake. one is on the north portion of the causeway, the other on the south. the south side launch is a concrete launch, the other dirt. i've launched on both sides, both are good.

The causeway launch is definitely the best public ramp around. South side of Buckhorn has no public ramps that I know of, just a couple marinas: Emerald Isle and Gannons Narrows.

There's a public launch on Chemong at Selwyn Shores - no dock though.

It gives good access to Buckhorn as it is directly across from Harrington Narrows.

It is located at the end of the 12th Line of Smith.

There is a public launch on Chemong at Dutch Marine, just on the east shore, north of the causeway - it looks like it is a pay launch, but it is not. Probably the best launch on the lake, but sometimes busy. The owner prefers that you not power-on your boat.

As already mentioned, the one at the west side of the causeway is good, but busy as well. It is located right across from the Sip 'n Dip Restaurant, decent food there.

There is also a guy that sells corn at the S 'n D parking lot - best stuff around.

awesome thanks guys, ended up hitting chemong.. and are probably going to hit up buckhorn later this week.

wasnt the best day. but still caught some fish.. nothing too spectacular but after working weedlines on the south west side of the lake with crank/wake baits worked very well

then flipping docks on the south east worked alright but most fish were caught on crankbaits. both largies and smallies.. we caugh probably 15 fish between the two of us tho the biggest fish was just shy of 3

thanks again