Fishing this weekend in Washago

Hey Guys!

I am heading up to the cottage this weekend and will get in some good fishing time.

The cottage sits on the Black River, which also runs into the Green River.

I've only had luck catching some small bass and perch (and 5000 rock bass). Our neighbour at the cottage says theres everything from Walleye to bass and pike to muskee.

Has anyone fished this river before or has any tips? I'd like to catch some larger fish or at least something that will put up a decent fight. I've used worms every time, however my tackle box is now stocked well with tons of different

cranks and jigs and other crap (Plus I'll be stopping at Bass Pro on the way, its a must!).

Any tips at all would be appreciated!

I was camping on the black river 2 weekends ago and all we could get was 1/2 a dozen tiny smallies , a few perch , and 1 small pike about 1 pound. I put the blame of the crappy fishing on all the campers swimming and rafting ;) . I used to work with a guy that says he gets nice pike in the black and I have heard of the odd muskie, so my advice ....... Throw everything you have in your box and see what happens. Good Luck !

Jig & Gulp Minnow near bottom in the deeper river pools will reward with Smallies & Walleye.

Back bays for Largemouth using frogs /weedless hook & deeper weedlines for Pike.

Evenings best for bass, morns for pike.

I have caught very good sized smallies, walleye and a musky (which broke my line and got away ) all in Washago. The fishing is very good up there. Make sure you get leeches which all of these were caught on including the musky if you can believe that! Also I believe the Green river is better for fishing than the Black but that's just my opinion.

I have caught very good sized smallies, walleye and a musky (which broke my line and got away ) all in Washago. The fishing is very good up there. Make sure you get leeches which all of these were caught on including the musky if you can believe that! Also I believe the Green river is better for fishing than the Black but that's just my opinion.

Its crazy how it turns from the Black to Green River, the water clarity difference is almost instant.

Its really neat seeing the giant boulders 20-30 feet down in the water (Whilst trying to avoid hitting other ones with the motor prop lol)

Last time I was there I dropped anchor right at the mouth of the green. There was a little tree overhanging and a big weedbed. Caught a ton of perch and a few smallies.

I can't wait!