fishing spots in or around ottawa area...

kenzy31

hey all, i'm posting this question to inquire about some fishing opportunities with these areas in mind. i will be moving my younger sister back to Carleton U. on Labour Day weekend and am bringing my rod and some tackle with me to try and get in a few hours of fishing. wouldn't mind getting into a brooktrout or 2, i enjoy bass fishing and pike is one of my faves. i'm not at all familliar with these parts so any and all education is greatly appreciated. love the board guys, it gets me through some loooong 12 hr shifts on the weekends here at work!! :)

thanks, Jesse

hey hoot, noticed you from ottawa from your report on top water walleye. nice fish by the way!! wondering if you wanted to hook up for a fish on the long weekend when i'm in town? let me know, would be cool to get some insight from a local and fellow OFC'r! lol thanks bud

lol you chose the only weekend im not free, On the labour day weekend Im going to a family cottage on Lake Baptiste, gonna go assault the bass for about 10 hours a day :D.

If your ever in the area again let me know though :D

hey hoot, noticed you from ottawa from your report on top water walleye. nice fish by the way!! wondering if you wanted to hook up for a fish on the long weekend when i'm in town? let me know, would be cool to get some insight from a local and fellow OFC'r! lol thanks bud

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

every year i've visited ottawa i've fished for smallies right in the city.

if you don't mind wading in the wader, the rapids in britannia were spectacular for smallies...didn't get much over 2lbs but we used to catch dozens every outing on small mepps.

Check out Dick Bell Park (about 15km from downtown). I witnessed many people fishing the outer harbour wall (all rip rap) when I was there in late July. I was fishing for Musky from a boat so I can't tell you what's there (I'll post a report when I have time, titled Fishing in the City), but I suspect at sunset, bass, pike, musky and walleye. Anywhere along the Rideau (hope I spelled that right) is likely good too. It was my impression that not many people in Ottawa fish, (either that or the locals are tight lipped) :D .

Good Fishin' to Ya.

Aren't fishing 24/7, Whitespinnerbait, and Leechman from Gatineau? Pretty sure they might be. You need to hook up with those kids. Shoot them a PM. They catch fish. THey could probably point you in the right direction.

I believe Gatineau is Hull, but again I could be wrong. Anyway it is the city directly across the river from ottawa, like 3 minutes away.

ya iwas thinking the same thing Cudz. but also wondering about license requirements for crossing over. should check into

Ontario and Quebec have a reciprocal agreement for fishing permits on boundary waters such as the Ottawa River. On this river, only one permit is needed, either an Ontario or a Quebec license.

Ontario and Quebec have a reciprocal agreement for fishing permits on boundary waters such as the Ottawa River. On this river, only one permit is needed, either an Ontario or a Quebec license.

That's fine while in a boat, but does that also apply to shore fishing on Quebec side??? The regs weren't to clear on this.

Edited by dean's washing lures

hey all, i'm posting this question to inquire about some fishing opportunities with these areas in mind. i will be moving my younger sister back to Carleton U. on Labour Day weekend and am bringing my rod and some tackle with me to try and get in a few hours of fishing. wouldn't mind getting into a brooktrout or 2, i enjoy bass fishing and pike is one of my faves. i'm not at all familliar with these parts so any and all education is greatly appreciated. love the board guys, it gets me through some loooong 12 hr shifts on the weekends here at work!! :)

thanks, Jesse

Would you be interested in trying your luck for some Muskie B) ?????.....

Would you be interested in trying your luck for some Muskie B) ?????.....

Yes Paul I would I start covering Ottawa next week as my Company has expanded my territory so I can increase my sales.

BTW I have not caught my first Muskie yet.Hint hint. :blink:

Edited by Mike the Pike