SK Fishing Report

holdfast

Friday as soon as work was done I headed up North for the 2.5 Hour drive to my trailer. After watching part of the Football game, I decided to cut the grass as it was too late to fish. So I made plans to try two new lakes that I never fished. The First lake is a trout lake called Snell lake. Supposed to have Splake, Rainbows and Brookies.

P8220001.jpg

Its a small pretty lake that was easy to get to. The winds were surprisingly strong giving me problems trolling in the Canoe.

P8220002.jpg

After trolling and scouting around the lake I was surprised to find that it had 40 foot depths. Kind of a pot hole lake. Shallow and sandy then it drops down and fairly round. After a couple of hours and no bites it was time to move on down the Road to Winthrop Lake.

This lake has pike in it but not sure if there is Walleye. There is no Boat Launch and only one trappers cabin on the lake. Lucky him. I found a trail that was too far to drag a light Boat and motor ( Next project/Boat Cart) so out with the Canoe and cart.

P8220004.jpg

It was a good ATV trail ( wish I had one) but quite steep. I would make one trip to the lake. Two trips back up hill carrying my hockey Bag separately. I was anticipating a shore lunch so I brought my cooking gear.

P8220005.jpg

P8220006.jpg

The Lake was gorgeous. Again it was quite windy. What a beautiful place to camp. Just an awesome place. Two camp fires and not one piece of human evidence. Not even a Butt. I'm alone too. AWESOME

Time to set up the Gear.

P8220009.jpg

Shelter

P8220008.jpg

Relaxing and enjoying the view.

P8220020.jpg

Time to head out and see whats in there.

P8220021.jpg

I was disappointed in the lake as it was mostly shallow. That wind made trolling unbearable so I sat in one spot and casted.

A couple of small pike. But i was sure that a nice walleye had followed. Hopefully it was a walleye other wise I missed a fat Pike which I would of ate.

P8220023.jpg

P8220022.jpg

All this trip did for me was, excited me for an overniter camping trip in the back lakes. I think next weekend I'm going to hustle and try to make it for an overnighter in Dugout Lake (I know there is nice Walleye and Pike there) Friday/Saturday with my car top.

Edited by holdfast