trip to Bapteste Lake

spookoff

Welcome to the board, Spook. Tell us a little about yourself. Where you are from, what kind of fishing you do, what kind of boat you have or if you are a shore fisherman. Throw in a couple of photos (we like lots of pics here) of your big catches and I'm sure you'll receive lots of replies.

As for me, I'm more familiar with Elephant lake than Baptiste. If you intend to travel over to Elephant, I can give you some spots for pike and bass. I never did have any luck with the walleye in that system.

Spook

My first trip to Baptiste was in 1949 and I have averaged two weeks a year between Baptiste and Elephant ever since. If you are after walleye you picked the wrong place. The cottage ass. stocked several thousand a few years ago but they are scarce. Bass fishing is still good and the musky fishing is ok. Recently pike got into the system somehow and they are plentiful. There are also a few lakers. The muskies are in areas you wouldn't expect them and aren't in areas where you would expect them. pm me if you are interested in musky and I will give you a few hot spots. Where are you staying?

Phil

Will it be before or after the bass opener? If it is before the opener, then pike fishing will be your best bet. Do you know what part of the lake that you will be staying on?

I have found the Blue Berry Island area to be good for early season pike. I ahve had a lot of success with Five-o-Diamonds early in the year.