Anyone catching off mouths of rivers/streams?

rbaquial

Hey Folks,

Just wondering if anyone's caught any Trout/Salmon at the mouth of rivers? Although we've had some serious HOT temps...I would assume not. But then again, we DID have a storm? and weather has been sorta cold lately... who knows? :dunno: I'd like to know... I'm planning on hitting some Piers....

Thanks,

A2F (RoB)

....This had me thinking... being that earlier in the year, it was my 1st real exposure to "Float Fishing"....and chasing after Steelies....

Had me thinking... probably a "stupid" question, but regardless... its fishing related :D

Do Chinook eat/chase the same foods as Steelheads? :dunno: Anyone?

your enthusiasm is outstanding ....one of the best features of being a fisherman is ...always having something to look forward to .....dont wish the summer away just yet...before you know it ...youll be pulling chinneys from the river

the salmon run is over....it all happened overnight last thursday when my buddy and I hooked about 150 fish drifting skeins at a river mouth..the next day we went and not a single fish went up.

Edited by KelfuN

the salmon run is over....it all happened overnight last thursday when my buddy and I hooked about 150 fish drifting skeins at a river mouth..the next day we went and not a single fish went up.

Theres only 150 salmon coming up this season? :(

I usually don't start until I see a good crowd at the wall at Port Credit. When it's standing room only, it's time to chuck some glows off the rocks. Having said that, I did get out last night and needless to say there was lots of jumping, but no biting. Water is probably still a bit warm. I'm sure the next weather change will trigger some sort of run. Anybody ready for the 'salmon in the tribs' threads?

Edited by rbell

i was out last sat nite on the pier, and my buddy got one around 30lb range, it only took him 10min or less on 6lb line talk about an easy fight for a chin this time of the year, they were surfacing all around us for 2 hrs i hooked into one and peeled line like crazy and snapped off, my buddy has the pictrure on his camera, sometime this week i'll post the pic if i have time, i'll be out fri nite again chuckin more spoons again cheers.

the way i look at it, you dont know until you go, and keep trying and the reward will pay off.