Sudbury Aviation

canadianboy

• 5 months later...

It looks like a very clean, well run operation guys. Curious though, which lakes did you stay at and how was the fishing? What I mean by that is, what can a person realistically expect to catch numbers wise during a week stay?

Thanks in advance.

We were on Indian lake I think,after 3 days we gave up counting fish caught.I never thought I would say it but after 2 meals a day of mounds of fish for a week I was glad to have something else.We never went out before 10am and were back in by 7.30 - 8pmwhen the bugs came out.The group before us caught over 200 eyes and I don't think we were far behind.

vance

I've been to Dua and Scoita Lake a couple times. Caught lots of fish all week. I'm going back this year again to fish Kennedy Lake. We started to fly into Indian but got worried that we would run into people and we like being remote for a week so figured Kennedy might be better. I find that's the fun part of flying in is to be by yourself instead of having boaters everywhere.

Marg, seems to bend over backwards to help people enjoy thier outpost adventure. We haven't had a problem with equipment at all. Dua had some portages, one was to a speckled trout lake. We only caught a few of them but they seem to be a very hit or miss fish and we go in August which probably isn't the best time to catch them. I can't wait to try Kennedy Lake this year. We are heading up in August. It's supposed to have some lake trout, think I will try to catch some of those too. I've never fished for them so I better get to researching how!

Let's see if Solo chimes in... I'm sure he'll have a review or two.

:)

Never considered Sudbury for a fly in because they're not remote enough for my liking.

Most of their lakes are accessable either through portage or atv.

Indian is a decent walleye lake. I fished it once years ago via portage from Bisco.

The only advantage Sudbury has is the short drive from southern ON, makes it a pretty easy trip.

Solo, where would you go on a fly in that is remote? Is there any close to Southern ON? I'm always looking around.

You need to get just a bit further north to find lakes that aren't hammered by locals.

Any of the fly in outfitters in Hawk Junction, White River and Folyet are good.

Obviously even further north is better. I've flown out of both Nakina and Armstrong multiple times with great success.

• 1 month later...