Who spent the most at the show?

drufis

I came out only about 100 bucks lighter. Got a nice little soft side tackle box from LB's and 10 more mini power grip releases from Grimsby Tackle then renewed my OFAH membership while there. Other then that had a great day walking and chatting with all the ofner's and tackleshop personalities i've met over the years. They did have a few dealer reps there full of info for some up coming purchases.

I didn't attend and really had no plans to go, although it would have been nice

to see some familiar faces. Money spent at the show = $0.00.

Spent the morning painting and I'll be moving furniture this evening before the hockey game.

Right now, I'm off to see about getting new parts for my central vac.

Tomorrow I'll be getting a few things ready for next weeks charity fishing tourney at Innisfil.

I gotta agree with Lew "It ain't what it used to be" Every year i see it getting more and more commercialized kinda like the sportsman show, but overall i spent almost undisclosed bucks well spent i picked up a Shimano Clarus 6"6" Medium fast action rod and a shimano Curado 101d, 50 Pound Power pro line and a whole variety of rubber worms and jigs and some lures and strike king spinner baits to get me threw this year comfortably, I am happy with all the things i got, i wait every year for the show to splurge on fishing gear for the year but i think it will be my last year buying as much as i did, as for next year i will stick to buying the 5 for ten dollar table items and spinner baits.

P.S

Man i don't know what the hell they put in the smokies this year but i had blurry vision after eating the third one :blink: .

Edited by PatrickGG

Originally I had my brother in law down for $350, well he went back to the show for more. He is now up to $500 he just had to have a new tackle box and I guess since he was there he had to fill it.

Glad to hear everyone had a good time.

I know I didn't even come close to "spending the most" but here's what I got..... a Quantum Catylst (IM8) MH spinning rod (man is this thing thin and light for a MH),a Lindy big game spinnerbait (black/white/chrome), two beautiful Northamfishing spinner baits (perch and baby bass),a 9" Trick Shiner musky/pike bait. Yatahe Tackle 50lb flourocarbon leaders,1/2 oz. white buzzbait and a pickerel rig (trom a really nice knowledgeable older gentleman that hand makes these baits+has darn good success fishing...28 muskies last year!). I bought four packs of Berkley plastics so I could get the promotional gulp "wormbinder",a hat from Fishing World for $2.99 ...great deal,thanks and one of the Plano soft tackle bags that were on sale at Lebarons. I think that was all ...... actually I got a really nice free hat from the Quantum rep,after I bought the rod (really helpful,really nice guy). All in all I really enjoyed the show,especially Big Jim's muskie seminar. Just like everyone has said,there weren't a ton of killer deals,but if you looked for them,there were still some to be had ....... the selection was huge and the advice was great. If you have't been to one of these make a point to,you'll enjoy it.

Edited by kennyman

Other than the admission price and a cup of coffee, I left the show empty handed, which is a good thing.... :clapping:

I'll test the Sportsman's show this year :whistling:, but I saving my $$$ for the Odyessy.

John